Sunday, January 10, 2010

Antiquing with Aunt Jill


This vacation I got to spend some (much needed) time with my Aunt, Jill!

We always find a way to have a good time and I'm sure I will have a few blogs posted about the fun things we do, and the trouble we inevitably get into.
The first part of this particular adventure is STARBUCKS! (Just a precursor to my life, myriad adventures only begin with the first shot of espresso)

So this is my darling aunt Jill looking super perky with impeccable style. Tell me deep purple isn't in right now... I dare you!

I need to let you in a dirty secret of mine... I'm almost embarrassed except I feel the recent endemic releases me from that... I am addicted to cupcakes. I don't mean, "oh, yeah I would like a cupcake if you have one." I'm talking full-blown-cupcake-mania, "We only have to go forty blocks to get the fluffernutter, are you with me!"? (queue crickets)

Okay, now that we've worked through that... this is, well, was, a delicious Starbucks red velvet cupcake. Another warning about me, never "split" a cupcake with me. Jill learned this the hard way.


Then we stumbled upon this gem on the second leg of our adventure in San Juan Capistrano. Jill and I apparently have a shared interest in having a one ton moose head in our living rooms. Well, my dorm room would be a little less accommodating but still... Gimme! I want one! It was only $3,400.






Long story short... Jill broke Jesus!

(that's the face to prove it!)




We found tons of cute things!
One of my favorite things was this series of glasses that were arranged by color.I loved how beautiful they looked with the light shining through and projecting those turquoise, emerald, ruby, and topaz reflections all over the tiny room.






We found tons of nifty things including these earrings which Jill thought were made by her mother!
This is exactly the kind of thing that Grandma Pat would have made. Jill actually took a moment and looked up at me and said, "I swear my mother made these!" ... and with just that type of universal ironic since of humor I don't doubt that Pat did make these just so Jill and I would find them in this store years later.



This post is getting a little lengthy. So I will leave you with this jewel of a picture.
Just think 1920s Christian at his best =)

1 comment:

  1. That was such a fun day wasn't it? And to think we didn't even really do much, but coffee visit and the antique shop were so fun!! I can't wait for you to come back this summer and we'll do this again!!

    ReplyDelete