Sunday, January 17, 2010

Brooklyn... fogetaboutit


The (semi-emotional) move is now complete....
...minus the huge mass of stuff that I have sitting on my bed yet to be put away.

This is about half of my stuff that I had packed up and my old room is now empty.

It was stressful, but luckily I had Erica and her Uncle there to help.

There are many pros and cons to this move... but mostly pros. The memories that I have in my old room needed to be left behind and I am looking forward to what the future has in store.

I had to put on the blinders and just go with the flow. I needed to stop dwelling on the past and focus on the present.



The good thing is, I am in love with my new place!

Moving is difficult to begin with... You have to go through all of your stuff, most of which you realize is junk. Some things are hard to part with but even after the bags and bags of belongings I threw out I seemed to have doubled the amount of crap I possess. Side note, picture me in a compact car packed to the brim holding my lamp and coat and laptop and some clothes with the car packed window to window.

This is the view from my window (that actually lets sunlight in!) and I can already tell I'm going to be in love.

There will be many posts about this fabulous neighborhood to come.

...and if you squint your eyes and look to the right (not pictured as of yet) you can see the top half of the statue of liberty!

I had plans to go to the promenade and take pictures of downtown Manhattan so I could brag about that too... but unfortunately it is raining cats and dogs.

















I have been in my PJs all day and I had to have my aunt talk me into going to Starbucks to get coffee (thank you Jill! It was so worth it!)

So, between relaxing after the move, looking at my mile-high pile of things to put away, watching Jersey Shore like a crack-head under my covers-drinking my vinti drip, and looking out at the rain, I'd say... all in all... it is a pretty amazing day.










No comments:

Post a Comment