Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Long Island with some incredible peeps

This past weekend I went to Long Island when I should have been studying, cleaning, paying bills, essentially getting my life together. But what went through my mind was, "Christian, you'll be so much more apt to take care of all of this when you are mentally satiated from seeing Rochelle... right? Who cares!" So I hopped on the Long Island Rail Road and high-tailed it to Rocky Point.
So I packed up my ipod, book, reeces, banana, cliff bar, several shirts, some dress shoes, pants, jeans, a scarf... just the basics for a 48 hour trip you know? This is what happens when a growing boy goes on a hefty one hour train ride... you get hungry! Witness the destruction above. So, the reason I got to go was because my school was closed for two days because of the copious amount of snow we were getting!

And it wouldn't STOP!

This was taken from a moving train.


(do not worry, no college students were harmed in the taking of this picture)

I must admit it does look nice and fluffy and cute but enough already!




And then my train pulled in to Ronkonkoma and the snow was still coming down heavy. My cheeks were hurting from smiling and the cold flushed my face... teeth chattering and obnoxiously energetic I called Rochelle and she was... late. So I took the opportunity to click away around the station until she arrived on her golden chariot. Speaking of chariots lets play the game "spot the camero"
Did you find it? Give it another 12 hours of snowing and I promise you wouldn't. Then Rochelle and Debbie got there and I smile some more and talked their heads off... sorry guys! I got this face a lot this weekend.
What is it about my friends that they always look at me like this? Wait. Maybe... just maybe it's not my friends. Maybe it's me? And my obnoxiousness obsession with taking pictures. Hmmmm scratch that theory that just can't be the case!
Even Samatha, this incredibly sweet Great Dane, gave me the look. Well, she had more like "who are you and why are you here?" kinda look. She is taller than me (and I'm not short) and weighs about 130lbs. Very statuesque if you ask me... 6'4" and 130lbs... girl you got it goin' on! Every time I went over to Debbie's house I had so much fun playing with the gentle giant. I hope I'm invited back!
Turns out that she really likes me!
After playing with the dog Rochelle and I had big plans at her Dad's house.... mainly that of ROCK BAND! I have never played rock band before this weekend and it turns out that I'm addicted. I played guitar hero all the darn time freshman year of college but this is so much better! Why you ask? Because you look to your right and see this...
Rochelle sang her little heart out! "QUE'EST CE QUE C'EST? FAFA FA FA FAFAFA FA" and looked sexy doing it. So we did a little singing, a little partying, a little sinning, and all that fun stuff. I had such a great time and met some pretty awesome (and attractive) people. I love Long Island with Rochelle and her awesome friends! The next day I woke up feeling less than amazing. I woke up with the blanket disheveled, my hair in every different direction, and my head felt like there was a crowbar plying through my temples. My cerebellum didn't know what was up or down and all I could do was collapse on the couch and whine. I found some meds and was up and taking pictures in no time! We had bagels with, get this, olive cream cheese! It was amazing. That and my acai juice and some raspberries made me a new man and I shot Rochelle's eye sitting next to me... and there happens to be a friend in her pupil if you can see the reflection.
You just gotta love cool eye shots!
Between Rochelle, the food, the drinks, the friends, and the dogs I don't know if I could have had a better time! I definitely had a great time at her dad's, and amazing time with the great dane and Crystal and Debbie, an incredible time with Mark and dancing and the club... this was just the weekend I needed.
Skippy!
I will definitely be adding more soon but I should probably stop blogging in class...

1 comment:

  1. Am loving the dogs... the great dane of course is an amazing creature, but give me that skippy all the damn day. He's just my type of doggie.

    Missing you...!

    ReplyDelete