Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ingrid Michaelson is a pimp


Rochelle came to town! I am always so excited to see her and our little shenanigans that ensue shortly after we get together make me smile . I love this lady! She is going to be my baby-mama for sure! ...but for now, she is a fantastic friend that I love and cherish.
Just picture our children.... oh golly! Okay back to Ingrid and Rochelle's visit (however short it might have been).
Rochelle also brought her friend, Hope, who is super nice and lovely.
I find this picture to be absolutely hilarious for a number of reasons. Rochelle looks pissed, her friend is totally cute and smiling like a normal person, and there is a giant panda in the background. I'm not going to lie, there is one thing that inspired me to take this photo... I wanted a picture of the person in the panda costume but did not want to pay a "tip" for the picture... so I figure if the panda is in the background it should be free, riiiight? Well, you can't even see the panda really but trust me, it's there.
Next stop, Ingrid! But first, the ferry.
...Which means lots of adorable pictures! You'll notice there is also a giant panda in the background of this photo just to the left of Rochelle's head...
I am loving the close-up pictures of my friends and their sexiest features. I love how expressive eyes can be... and I find it so sexy that Rochelle's dark eyes carry so much thought. But more than that...
I adore her smile. Speaking of beautiful women...
This woman has captured the hearts and minds of millions. I stood on the frigid balcony just because I knew as the sun was setting we would eventually be in a place where it would be just behind lady liberty. This silhouette has got to be one of my new favorite pictures. Totally worth the wind and cold!
Ingrid Michaelson!!! I did not even realize how awesome she was until the concert got underway... but I was certainly excited beforehand.
And then...

And then...

It began! Her band was amazing and she was incredibly witting and hysterical. She kept making jokes about Staten Island (which may be an easy target but, funny nonetheless) and one of my favorite parts was when she asked us to sing back a lyric to her and the audience was all quiet and she says, "I know you museum-y folk have your butts clenched really tightly but just relax and sing the song. It's okay to unclench your asses". What do you know, after that, we all sang a little louder and were more enthusiastic!
Her and her band had such great chemistry and you could tell they were just having a good time. They also sang this great song together that just made me smile really big and not stop until... well, the next day.
Ingrid, you and your incredible wittiness and satirical and dry humor totally entertained me. Your music rocked, and I had an amazing time. Thanks for being... you. I will actually buy your new CD because it is indeed that good... great!
I could only end this post with a fist-pump. You're welcome :D

No comments:

Post a Comment