Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tea Wisdom Wednesday (again)

So I'm a little sad that my last post was a tea wisdom wednesday.... but I'm over it.
I started my new job... that I love! ...and needless to say, however I will say it, I've been quite busy.
My boss is so hysterical it takes a lot of energy for me to not laugh the entire time I'm with him... and his boss is funny, and his boss is funny... you get the point. Not to mention my co-workers are, for the most part, very cordial.
It doesn't take much to get me motivated early in the morning because I know that work will be fun (don't quote me on this... it's only day 5).
Starting this new chapter of my life it's been hard to know how to get my footing.
Then I get this gem of advice. Listening is the key to learning. Instead of me masking my fears and ignorance with stubbornness and acting like I know what I'm doing, I simply listen and take note.
The same is true for other situations. I find that I relate to others in telling my own stories. I notice that when someone is trying to tell me their story I cut in and start in with my own similar experience. Luckily I have realized that I do this and can prevent it.
Once you start to truly listen, you hear much more than what is being said.
Everyone speaks in their own way. Listen to tone and read between the lines.
For your greatest tool is to listen.


Forever and always,
X

1 comment: