Friday, February 5, 2010

Helen Saga part... something

So I know Helen visited a long-ass time ago but I've been busy! But here is some more of our adventures together... and I promise this wont disappoint.
It starts with coffee. As it usually does with me...
But I mean, legit, coffee! Freshly roasted and brewed and what-have-you.
We went to Lauren's boyfriend's work and it is this amazingly cute coffee shop "where everybody knows your name".

Dear Jesus, is that you? Am I in Heaven right now?
In case you are wondering who the hoodlum in the back is... it's Jeremy. Lauren's awesome boyfriend that (thank God) works at this establishment.

As you may be able to see in the background, I believe the average age of the clientele would be roughly 87. This is just an estimate.

So I'm going to do a little jump from the "morning" coffee adventure to the evening because the middle of the day is still a little fuzzy for me. All I know is I had a darn good time with Helen making Godly choices... In fact, I'm pretty sure during the mid afternoon we served soup at a homeless shelter... or maybe we built a homeless shelter?
This is Helen in all her classical beauty leaving Lo rida's apartment and I just had to snap a picture! I think emerald green should be Helen's new best friend. I'm just sayin'.

A few days before this incredible day I was watching the Food Network and "the best thing I ever ate" was on. I think it was best... pizza. Anywho, Alex Bourneohadhoiuath (sp?) recommended Five Points. If you are within 2,900 miles of New York City please eat there for dinner tonight!
We started with this blue cheese salad with walnuts and... angel tears.
I'm not sure exactly what made it so good but, it was bangin'!

Oh my lordy just looking at this is making me salivate all over my keyboard.
Oh wait, that was the waiter, Joe. (and yes, I indeed left my phone number on the receipt. Class? Who needs it? Self respect... pishhh).
Notice the cocktails in the background... reason number 3 to go here!
(recap, 1=salad, 2=waiter Joe)


and number 4,5,6..... infinity
Potato Pizza with white truffle oil and fontina.

I would like to have a moment of silence.

Please respect the awesomeness of this work of art.

Helen and I took our sweet time savoring every morsel of the salad, the drinks (ex. Lavender Gimlet), and this Pizza. I was satiated to a point of no return. And even though Joe never called me (I wonder why?) I may just go back and order 7 more of these.

After rolling out of five points we walked to Mad Dogs. Yeah... that was an interesting decision on my part.
We met my other half, Senator Colin. AKA Papi. So I realize that I focused my camera incorrectly but given the circumstances I think I did a pretty swell job! Don't judge me.

After 5 hours of out of body experiences my two worlds officially collided (two of seventy-nine)
And with that... what more could I say?

Complete satisfaction.


2 comments:

  1. how can i express in words how happy i am that i found this post? PTW... I salivated at the sight of the pizza.. i want some now.

    ReplyDelete