Monday, March 28, 2011

A few events deduced (because it's Monday)

I just thought I'd open your eyes to what Christian was like as a four-year-old little tot. (Yes I just spoke in the third person, I mean Christian did). What is remarkably crazy is that my mom still looks like this minus the hair and the tan (lack thereof). Actually I still look like this... bowl haircut and rockin' awesome long sleeve purple and turquoise shirt! Weird!

Sorry, moving right along I have about ten different sets of photos I want to share and they have absolutely nothing to do with one another, except that I took pictures at said events :) Buckle up and I will take you on a roller coaster of hodgepodge craziness known as my life.
This was taken when I was out with Irina and I really wanted a cup of coffee so I whipped out my handy dandy phone to find the nearest coffee place and I saw a place I think is called La Colombe. Thank goodness! We got these niffty cups to serve our delicious coffee on a super cold day. By the way, sidebar, why the F%$# is it 19 degrees outside?
You go Glen Coco!!! I have no idea who this badass is rockin' the razor scooter. I'm not even being remotely facetious when I say that because as ridiculous as I think it is for someone over seven to use a razor he was jumping off the F'in courthouse steps! This is roughly a five foot jump... kid's got some brass balls. You go Mr. Coco!

The next random photo is one I took while I was out with Karin and Rochelle... after we went to the zoo (photos below). I have never seen the moon look as big as it did when we walked to the end of the pier, margaritas in tow. This picture obviously does not capture exactly what it looked like but trust me... HUGE! Wow, that doesn't sound quite right... or does it? Anywho, my mom and I have this "thing" about the moon because I live so far away and only get to see her every once in a blue... while, we always say that we see the same moon where ever we may be in our respective lives. So when it is particularly massive it makes me wish I were having a glass of wine with her in California.
Okay now there will be a little more cohesion. This is event one. I went to the Central Park Zoo for the first time with my friends Karin and Rochelle. It was so much fun! Let me spell it out more clearly. The night before I was a little tipsy for St. Patrick's day... that is a euphemism but h-e-l-l-o it was the right thing to do given the circumstances. So I rolled out of bed bright and early at 1pm the next day and I had a text from Rochelle that she was in the city and at the zoo. I threw clothes on and tried to get myself together (just notice how there aren't any pictures of me and you'll get it) and the next thing I know I'm running into the entrance with my camera knocking children over left and right screaming wildly, "I freakin' love the zoo!". Let me just say though that the central park zoo has approximately six animals. The best part is clearly the "tropical" attraction where you go into a tent like building with birds squawking and buzzing around. Normally I hate birds but on the occasion I was really into it. Here are the following pictures:

The crane striking a pose courtesy of The Karate Kid
This reminds me for some reason of a mob boss and his lackey. Yeah, I am like that.
Bird with a come-over and a Scarlet Ibis. Another sidebar, I read a short story in the ninth grade titled The Scarlet Ibis and it made me cry. True story.
Blackbeard's bitch
Red Panda. So cute but questionable position.
Obviously there are more pictures but you get the point... cute animals and fun day at the zoo :)


Next vignette is meeting up with my great aunt and her husband and son and his girlfriend.
Here are the three of them all happy and fun to be with. I had so much fun seeing them because the last time was in Rhode Island three years ago and before that was at my Aunt's wedding a few years before that... I guess we're on a three year rotation?
Having a blast! Normally I would have a thousand pictures of the brunch but we ate it up so quickly I didn't even register that I had my camera with me! It was at Chris' work, Roberta's in Brooklyn about twenty minutes from my house. And now Chris lives in BK too so we will for sure have to meet up again soon.
See, look how cool they look! ...and trust me they are.
Okay, random picture interjection... I saw this wall outside Roberta's with barbed wire and I saw this and it totally looks like it says "I Lost"! Right? ....Right?

And on to the next one...
Last event for this post that has been more all over the place than a housecleaner at the Sober Valley Lodge.
To the Bronx with Irina for an orchid show at the Bronx Botanical Garden. This was the first time I've been to the Bronx and it was quite a trek up there. But so much fun! I got to put my new camera to good use. LOTS of macro shots. It took every fiber of my body, and there are lots of fibers, to keep from posting all four-hundred pictures of flowers I have... Instead I will post a few:

This was a cool Japanese Cherry Blossom with a rainbow in the background (so what if the "rainbow" is my lens reacting to the sun?)
And a random shot of this colorful ball... but come on, who doesn't love a glass ball?
Flower #1
#2a and 2b
What the hell color is this? I did not know they made flowers in this color! Chartreuse?
This one reminds me of a beehive...
This reminds me of VanGough...
This one reminds me of a tiger... oh flower #... idk 754?
Drum roll!!! My favorite... I love these three.

No comments:

Post a Comment