Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Life is Beautiful

Key to happiness: Never take life too seriously

After feeling like a big pile of poop yesterday I was in much need to take a little walk and remember what is truly important. I consider myself to be a positive person. Of course not always, however lately I feel as though I am rational and slightly more enlightened and "aged" compared to who I was even just a few months ago.
I am beginning some incredible changes in my life and stepping stones that I'm sure will make notice outside of my myopic vision as a twenty year old.
Let me share with you some beautiful things I found yesterday to get over my emotional turbulence...
My backyard: Looking out my window the last few hours of the sunlit day completely overhauls whatever foul mood I may be in. Finding the time to look within and acknowledge this simple beauty has made a vast difference in my demeanor. To think, I will look back several years from now and say, "this was once my view".
The sunset: This has always been beautiful to me. Always elevates my spirits and centers me. No matter whether I am looking at the sunset off the coast of California or across this New York City harbor, I find that I am exactly where I belong.
Flowers: Never thought I'd be one to get a close-up shot of a flower... but I must admit they do cheer me up. Being able to pull myself away from the magnet that is forcing my from going from point A to point B and notice the beauty of flowers and their variances always brings a smile to my face. Maybe it is the uniqueness of each flower and how they are all beautiful in their own way makes me aspire to juxtapose that same idea with people.
Me: I make myself happy! I never thought of life this way but catching an unexpected glimpse of myself always makes me laugh. I never look how I think I should based on how I'm feeling. After being totally swept away in my little "get-over-yourself" walk I was surprised to still see the stress uncomfortably written all over my wrought face. So I decided to relax those muscles and snap a picture of myself. It is always nice to realize "you will laugh about this* later".

*this can be anything that sucks currently in your life
This picture just sums it up. One of my favorites and a clear presentation that my photography is improving. The sun, the colors, the background... it is just all so out-of-this-world gorgeous. To be at one moment angry and vile and be able to take the time to literally get down to the ground and glorify something that normally falls to your ankles... changes you... me.

I learned much from this walk. I have the ability to control what mood I am in, I can choose to see beauty in the world around me. Appreciate life and color and not feel as isolated and angry. I must say my entire outlook has changed quite completely over the past few months. I truly love life.
view my flikr for more photos

No comments:

Post a Comment